Eight furniture shops were gutted down in the fire mishap which broke out Dhumal Nagar of Valiv town in Palghar District of Maharashtra on Thursday. No casualty has been reported in this mishap, news agency UNI reported.
According to fire department officials, the blaze erupted around 0300 hrs today. The fire soon engulfed other shops too. The loss caused due to fire is not estimated yet. The cause of the fire is being ascertained by the officials and more details are awaited. Palghar District is located to close proximity of Mumbai and known for much kind of industrial activities.
This is the third mishap of fire in last few days reported in different part of country in which the furniture shops gutted down. A massive fire broke out reported in Shivajinagar, Bangalore, in the early hours of last Thursday. At least 15 shops gutted in this incident. However, no casualties have been reported but Furniture kept in some shops of the market was burnt. Likewise, another fire broke mishap was also reported at a furniture market in Shaheen Bagh in south Delhi. Wooden Furniture kept in some shops of the market was burnt in this incident also but no causality was reported.